Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Today I'm grateful for John at AT&T

I went over my minutes at AT&T
Usually I'm pretty good at staying on top of such stuff and avoiding any overages but the past two months have been hectic and somehow I didn't keep up with my phone usage.
It's all my fault.
Anyway,I logged in over the weekend to pay my bill and whoa,there was a nasty surprise awaiting me.

For the previous month,I owed $28 bucks in overage fees and I was already 99 minutes over my rate plan for this billing cycle (about $45 in overage fees).
Needless to say I was on the phone immediately with AT&T pleading like a little girl for a one time courtesy forgiveness of the 28 bucks and upgrading my package to avoid paying the 45 bucks.
The rep I got on the phone refused to do me any favors and point blank told me there was nothing he could do about the $28 but he would upgrade my account.
I hang up.
And waited 24 hrs and called back.

This time I got John on the phone.
He was pleasant.
He listened.
He upgraded my account effective immediately so I was no longer in the red and then gave me a $30 credit for being a loyal customer (I have been paying my bill on time each month since 2007) so that cancelled out the $28.
Ofcourse I got the lecture about monitoring my account but hey,he made my day so today,I'm grateful for John at AT&T.

No comments:

Post a Comment